How to connect Overcharts to Gain #
To connect Overcharts to Gain, please follow these steps carefully:
1. Gain Account – If you do not already have a Gain account, you need to open a demo or real account with an Overcharts supported broker and request Gain data-feed. Gain does NOT sell directly to the end user.
Please see Brokers & Data Feeds page on our website for the list of Overcharts supported brokers that provide Gain data-feed
2. Once you got data-feed credentials (username and password) from your broker, proceed with the connection configuration on Overcharts:
- Start Overcharts and select Gain connection from Connections tab of the Overcharts main window. Access connection configuration window by right-clicking > Edit. If you already have a Gain connection configured, create a new one
- Enter Username and Password you got FROM YOUR BROKER/DATA-FEED (NOT the ones you use to access Overcharts!) paying close attention to upper and lower case and avoiding absentmindedly adding any space at the beginning or end of the username or password.
- Server: select DEMO if your Gain account is a DEMO account, or select LIVE if your Gain account is a REAL account
- Generate new ticks from Quotes: select NO (recommended) to have professional TickByTick real-time data. Select YES (not recommended) ONLY if you are not interested in accurate real-time data (in this case the number of real-time subscriptions available is greater but data is much less precise and cannot be used for volume analysis)
- Fill in any other required properties according to your preferences
- Press OK
3. Once the configuration is complete, start the connection by pressing CONNECT button or by double-clicking on the connection. You are connected successfully if dots near the connection are all green.
If, on the other hand, there is at least one red dot, it means that:
- connection configuration parameters are incorrect
- or data-feed is temporarily unavailable
- or data-feed demo (NOT Overcharts!) has expired.
Hover over “i” icon (next to the red dot) to read a more detailed error message.